We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Buying Android Apps

QuizMan
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am a newcomer to Android on a Samsung Galaxy Ace and want to install a paid for App. I have successfully installed free apps without a problem but there is one that I wish to pay for.

When I try to do so I get an error message saying "Sorry purchasing is not available for this account". I have a Google gmail account and am logged into it. What else do I need to do please?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I think you have to set up a Google Checkout account (like PayPal) from within your Google (mail) account.

Once it's up and running it's very simple.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

morddwyd - many thanks. At the moment I cannot find a Google Checkout screen. I have Google Wallet with a debit card set up for payment which I thought should be enough.

I am beginning to wonder if it is because I have 2 g-mail accounts set up on my phone, one is ordinary gmail, the other is @sky.co which operates through gmail. I want to delete the latter and set it up as pop e-mail instead because that may be causing confusion, but the phone is not letting me do that. I may have to resort to a factory reset and start again. That's not a major issue because it is only a couple of weeks old and so there is not much to restore manually.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Google Checkout is supposed to be part of Google Wallet, which as you say should be enough.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

morddwyd, thanks again for your input.

I carried out a reset and now have 1 gmail account and a POP email. That seems to have done the trick and I can now purchase away to my hearts content.

Like this post  
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Don't go too mad!

Like this post
tonymqqq

Likes # 0

Maybe you should get another email address to continue. I can run all my phone apps on my android tablet pcfrom ESPOW,China. So it takes up full screen which is fine since there is a button which shows the most recent apps so its very easy to switch apps running in the background. I think Flash is still very important in the tablet form factor since web browsing is the most important thing u do with tablets and u wont get a full experience not having flash.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...