We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Up date speakers on Home Cinema

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi I have a SC-BT222 Blu-ray Home Cinema System.

Any chance I could update the the two front speakers.

Speaker Spec

Power Output(Home Cinema Mode (RMS))Total Power500 WFront125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)

Subwoofer250W (100Hz, 6ohms, 10% THD)Power Output(Home Cinema Mode (DIN)) Total Power310WFront100W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 1% THD)Subwoofer110W (100Hz, 6ohms, 1% THD)

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

What for.??? It's a budget end player anyway.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

If any one can be more informative, ignore the first reply.

Like this post
aquatarkus

Likes # 0

What amount of money you thinking of spending? to be honest as Beta said it really is a low end budget system. You would be better off saving your money and getting a seperate A/V receiver, blueray player and set of 5.1 speakers. Have a look here http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/wharfedale/diamond-9.0/whar-9.0-blk and others at www.richersounds.com but please be aware they the system you have is never going to show how good the Wharfdale Diamonds are.

Regards

Keith.

Like this post  
ßeta

Likes # 0

Forget the Diamonds go for some Kef's. No really, there is no point updating the speakers on that system as the SC-BT222 just doesn't have the omph to drive any half decent speakers.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Humm!! Didn't like my answer then.. Perhaps I was to blunt, sorry.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...