We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

eilsel

rewop

Likes # 0

How can I connect a Motorola VIP1003 STB to a Panasonic DMR-EX77EB DVD Recorder & to a LG 42/47LW54 LCD TV. The STB has a Scart, HDMI & USB ports. The DVD has 2-Scart, an HDMI & various other ports. The TV has a Scart, 2-HDMI & other ports. Any suggestions?

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

I would suggest, based on the information you have provided,that you connect the STB to the DVD recorder by Scart and to the TV by HDMI. Connect the DVD recorder to the TV by HDMI. Check the manuals for further confirmation.

Like this post
rewop

Likes # 0

Thanks natdoor, unfortunately it does not work. Both STB & DVD signals get to the TV via the HDMI connectors, but no signal seems to get across from the STB to the DVD

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Since the DVD recorder has in-built Freeview, you will be able to receive and record digital channels if you have an antenna connected. This will give you the ability to watch one programme and concurrently record another, without connecting the Motorola STB.

Having scanned the manual, I think that it is only possible to record from the internal HDD to DVD, rather than directly. It should be possile to connect the Motorola by via Scart and record to HDD and thence to DVD, I believe.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September