We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Front USBs disonnect correctly from in "Mass Storage", but not rear?

myfoot

Likes # 0

Hi, Have a Nokia N82, and when I connect via USB I get 4 Options, -- PC Suite, Data transfer, Image Print, Media Player. Data Transfer give me access to removable 8GB Micro-SD. Up to 2 days ago I always used the front ones, but as these are USB 3s I thought I could connect it permanently to the rear USB which are USB 2s.

But, but, but it connects fine and gives me the normal 4 options, and I connect in "Data Transfer Mode" but when I disconnect, by clicking my USB icon in notification area and selecting N82 . PC says successfully disconnected but the phone does not give dialogue "safe to disconnect" so when I do, the phone freezes, and I get dialogue "about loosing data, etc" Just noticed now that the rear connection says N82 in PC notif. area, where as the front connection says "mass storage" in PC notif. area. The PC does have " Nokia PC Suite" installed. -PC is Win7 Home Prem.SP1 64bit

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers