We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why Won't My DVD Recorder Record Freeview Channels

limo888

Likes # 0

Hello

I have a Seal Prestige - DV102731 which I have recently bought, I want to record something off of a Freeview channel. How do I do this?

Every-time I tune the DVD recorder it cannot find any channels, is there any way I can record freeview channels onto DVD?

Thanks In Advance

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

probably it's only got a analogue tuner,so you'll have to either get one with a digital tuner or get a PVR (personal video recorder) i.e. the typr that use a hard drive to record onto.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

You should be able to record a video input via Scart, for example. If you have a STB you could get an output from there. This should enable recordings to be scheduled by programming the STB and DVD recorder. If you have Freeview built into your TV there might be a Scart on the TV which will output video of the programme being viewed, which will enable that to be recorded.

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

I believe that this recorder is analogue only, in which case I think your easiest option would be to get a Freeview box.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

As everyone says you need a Freeview STB which can cost under £20 at ASDA etc. Connect it to your recorder with a SCART lead and feed the incoming aerial lead to the Freeview box first. Then chose the correct input for the DVD recorder (possibly AV1 or AV2). You could use an antenna splitter feed the TV and Freeview box or maybe you can loop the coax through the Freeview box then onto the TV.

I'm afraid the recorder you bought was essentially obsolete when you purchased it, a lot of old stock of analogue only recorders are still in lesser known outlets.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home