We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Android address book application

Pine Man
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a Samsung Galaxy Apollo.

I want to keep my 'contacts' saved to my SIM card but if I do the only information I can record is a name, phone number and email address. If I want my 'contacts' to include a full geographical address and other information I can only do this by saving it to my phone and not the SIM card.

The only answer appears to be by using some form of address book application but I can't find one.

Any ideas?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Why do you want to save them to the sim card?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have always saved my contacts to the SIM card,mainly to facilitate changeover to a new phone, and it is, as far as I am aware, an easier way of removing private info from a phone by removing the SIM card.

I am certainly open to being convinced otherwise;-)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You are right about removing data although a factory restore will also do it. With android phones I now sync contacts and calendar with Google and therefore find it easy to change as all of the details are immediately available "in the cloud" (I think I prefer online).

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

To answer your original question have you searched for a PIM app, using PIM? There are ones out there that manage your contacts. However I cannot personally recommend one as I don't use them. round up of top android PIM

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Thanks for your interest and advice.

I have been doing a bit of research and realise that I am still living in the dark ages!

All of my contacts and their information are now NOT on my SIM card but in my phone. As you point out, and I have found elsewhere, there are so many different ways of moving that data about and removing it that you no longer need to use the SIM for it at all.

Thanks again.

Learning all the time!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today