We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to purchase an app from the Android store.

Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

I have an HTC Wildfire, and want to purchase the app 'Bubble DS' from the android market. If I try and purchase from my phone, when I press the 'Accept Permission' button I get the message "An Error has occurred. Retry or cancel and return to the previous screen."

If I try and purchase from my PC, I get a "Loading" message on my screen which just remains permanently until I close it down. On the purchase screen I see the message "This app is compatible with your T-Mobile HTC HTC Wildfire S A510e.", so everything appears to be connected and recognised, but I just can't get any further.

I've downloaded a couple of free apps with no problems.

Any suggestions?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Assume that you have a Linn DS Player. Possibly the server is temp down.

Like this post
Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

I will have a Linn DS player tomorrow. It's been the same since Friday. I don't know much about androids or the market, being very new to it, but I did download a free Bubble app successfully. The only explanation is if free apps and paid apps are on different servers, but I'm not going to pay for one I don't want just to test my theory.

I assume that Android market isn't clever enough to stop me buying because it can't see a Linn DS at the moment on my network.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I've not had a problem in the past but I haven't bought BubbleDS.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite