We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Freesat (itv-bbc) channels, how can I get them on an old skybox?

ANORAK_IAN

Likes # 0

I'm looking to get Freesat (the itv-bbc, not sky) a new freesat box is out of the question. Saving money is the name of the game.

I have a three year old basic sky satellite system, from what I have read on the forums I can use the satellite dish and lnb, but what about the (THOMSON DS14214R) sky box? Is it possible to do some jiggery pokery to it to get freesat? If so what?

I have been thinking of splashing out £30 (lol) on ebay to get a HD/hdmi/hard-drive/usb sky box if that could be upgraded / messed with to get freesat. If you know of particular sky box that fit the bill please let me know what to go for, and what to do to it when I get it.

Cheers.

Like this post
ANORAK_IAN

Likes # 0

Thank you for yor help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED