We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost BBC channels after reinstalling! Help appreciated.

gazmix

Likes # 0

Hi

I hope someone can help me!

I have all the Freeview channels using my set top box.

I had to unplug my tv & set top box to fit a carpet.

Now, i do a fresh 1st time install & i get all the channels except everything BBC. No TV or Radio for BBC.

My guide starts at 3 (itv). I've tried to 1st time install several times & it updates but i can never get my channels back. I am in a city center & i recall this happening when i moved in, but can't remember what remedied it.

Help appreciated

Gaz

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I've had this after changeover.

The solution for me was to keep trying a retune, at various times of the day.

Also make sure the device you are tuning is connected direct to the aerial, not as part of a daisy chain.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I've done about 10 '1st time tune' 's & nothing, maybe the weather i dunno??

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

When I had the same problem, it was caused by a break in the aerial fly-lead. If the lead is OK, try unplugging the aerial then do a 1st time install, wait till it comes up with 'no channels found' or similar message, then plug aerial back in and do the install again.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I heard of this, will try tomorrow! However i had the channels yesterday, its just since i unplugged from the mains..

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I've called digital uk & they say to try an install with no aerial plugged in to wipe the channel list & then do it again with the aerial in. If nothing happens, then try a manual setup.

I'm wondering if it could be a transmitter problem as i think there are more than 1 in my area!

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I tried what DigitalUk have said by unplugging the antenna from the wall & trying a 1st time installation, wiping the guide & then plugging the antenna back in & again,& a 1st time installation after. I still get no BBC channels.

Digital UK gave me the numbers to install when doing a manual search (27 for the BBC channels) & yet my STB couldn't find any BBC channels this way either.

The STB's make is Accoustic Solutions DV600B like this one:-

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/set-top-boxes/acoustic-solutions-dv600b.asp

I will check back online tomorrow.

Thanks

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

I assume you've worked your way through all this at digitaluk.co.uk

Are you receiving Channel 5+1? I'm just wondering because a week or so before C5+1 launched, I lost all my BBC channels but got them back after a retune, then had to retune again to get C5+1. In between I got 4 or 5 movies4men and men&movies type channels which vanished when C5+1 started.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Erm, when i moved into the flat, i was told that there were 2 sockets in the wall, 1 for tv/freeview/satellite etc & another for radio. 1 says UHF & the other says SAT. The guy who told me this was wrong & i assumed SAT was for all the TV channels & that UHF was for the radio. Since i moved into the flat, i haven't unplugged the TV & didn't take notice what sockets the TV/Freeview were pluged into so i assumed the appropriate one was SAT. How wrong could i have been! I believed this to be the correct socket because if it was the radio socket, then why would i get all my TV channels except BBC? I'm thinking SAT isn't radio like i was told & that UHF is the correct socket as i now have all channels touch wood.. :-)

Like this post
ashkaye

Likes # 0

Hi,

I have just brought a 24" Logik L24LDIB11 and after tuning the channels I don't seem to have any BBC channels at all, I've retuned it several times to no effect, this Tv is for the bedroom and I have another Tv downstairs that is fine and has all the BBC channels. I'm completely stuck for what to do.

Can anyone help me please?

Like this post
ashkaye

Likes # 0

Hi,

I have just brought a 24" Logik L24LDIB11 and after tuning the channels I don't seem to have any BBC channels at all, I've retuned it several times to no effect, this Tv is for the bedroom and I have another Tv downstairs that is fine and has all the BBC channels. I'm completely stuck for what to do.

Can anyone help me please?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK