We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Photoshop Elements 8 - Batch rename - How?

Border View
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have Photoshop Elements 8. I am trying to rename ten photographs all in the same folder. I have Shift click first and last and they all go blue. OK so far, but when I right click they stop being highlighted.

In proper Adobe Photoshop all you do is right click somewhere amongst the photographs and you get the drop down box and then click on batch rename. This does not work for me in Photoshop Elements 8.

Can anyone please lead me through how to rename this batch of photos before I tear my hair out.

Thank you.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

See Here: http://help.adobe.com/enUS/ElementsOrganizer/8.0/Win/Using/WSae2ea3b149d0c3591ae939f103860b3d59-7f7fWIN.html

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

And Here: http://help.adobe.com/enUS/PhotoshopElements/8.0/Win/Using/WSB41EFE19-C984-4bab-B2CE-1A3DBAB49129WIN.html

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Hello john bunyan thanks for responding. Unfortunately I get a "web page cannot be found" displayed.

Shall try manually. Will let you know how I get on

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

I found the help page you mentioned. This was one I found this afternoon and tried following their instructions which didn't work as mentioned in my original post.

I've investigated PSE8 a bit more and found that if you open the software and without opening any specific files Click on "File">Process multiple files this opens a box where you can identify the folder/sub folder that contains the group of pictures you wish to rename. Type in appropriate information and bingo it does it. You do end up with a duplicate set of photos and have to delete the original ones.

Probably a much easier way but at least I have found one method.

Thank you for your interest john bunyan.

Will now do the green tick thing.

Like this post  
john bunyan

Likes # 0

BorderviewGlad you solved it. I use CS5 and you have to create an instruction set and apply it to open files to change sizes - a different issue to yours.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...