We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iPhone os5

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi I tried to update my 3GS with os5 today,but I had to install the latest version of iTunes.I did this,then iTunes started to backup the phone,that's when it went wrong.after an hour there was no progress in the backup ,and my pc CPU was running at a100%. I stopped the bAckup,and this corrupted my previous backup. I installed an older version of iTunes on my laptop,and manages to backup the phone and save my apps etc etc

I was also going to update my iPad,but didn't.

Anyone else having issues? Thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Updated my ipad with ios5 without a snag having first updated itunes. However I did have to turn off my anti-virus during the itunes update. Apple downloads don't seem to like the security scan at the end of the download and then report that the connection has been broken.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Finally my ipad2 and iPhone are running os5,thanks for the help

Like this post
johnathann

Likes # 0

Well. Thanks for sharing the Information woolwell. I got the same problem today and was searching on net for similar issues. Got a solution.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do