We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Recommendations for freesat hd recorder?

Little Flower

Likes # 0

We used to have Sky+ & what I really miss about not having it is the capacity to programme stuff to record & watch at a convenient time (not the cost of Sky!). We have free-view built into the TVs so can get enough channels. My parents have a free-sat box that they can record on, so I'd like to get one for us as a family Christmas present.

Has anyone any recommendations of a box that works well at a lowish price (less than £200? am I kidding myself?) or conversely any boxes to avoid? The TV in the sitting room has built in HD which we're not using at the moment, so an HD free-sat box would be my preference.

We still have the Sky dish on the house & a digital ariel, so I understand that will be all we need?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I think Humax are as good as any here

Like this post
Little Flower

Likes # 0

Thank you onthelimit1,I had seen other people talking about Humax on PCA, but a few years ago, so wanted up to date info! The link you gave was I think only for freeview boxes? But looking at one of the Humax boxes there, Amazon said others have bought Humax Foxsat HDR 500GB Freesat HD Satellite Receiver and Digital TV Recorder - at £226.90, a little more than I'd thought about but still affordable... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-500GB-Satellite-Receiver-Recorder/dp/B0039J42LM/ref=pdcpce_1

Does this seem like a good deal? Anyone had good/bad experiences with this box?

Like this post
The Old Mod

Likes # 0

Hi, myself and several friends/family have the Humax Foxsat HDR and have had no problems at all, easy to use and great picture etc. If it packed up tomorrow I would go and get another one!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...