We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mass Hysteria On The Darkside

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

Finally, the hype is over, and as many here will know I'm a non Windows all Mac person these day's. For my sins, I spend a lot of my spare time over on the Mac sites.

I BETA tested the new iPhone, so knew what was coming. I was prepared for a certain amount of disappointment on it's official release.

It's truly unbelievable the amount of full blown "I will never by Apple again" angst that has appeared on these sites.

I had 7 private messages today blaming ME for the lack of a complete re-design.

I can't understand how this kind of vitriol and spleen venting can be aimed at what is after all a phone.

It has the A5 in it, so it's faster, if Apple had radically re-designed it and it looked like a Blackberry we would have even more anger.

I get my new one for free, as a thank you from Apple. Would I BETA the next one? I doubt it, let someone else take the flack, I'm staying away from the Mac sites apart from general admin for a while. At least until these people calm down a little.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I think the problem lies in the fact that when Apple announce a new product it's usually a big leap forward. The fact that the iPhone 4s is an upgrade to an existing item rather than a brand new phone (iPhone 5) has upset a large number of people who worship Apple and all it produces. These people seem like spoilt children who, when things don't go their way, spit vitriol at anyone they perceive as authority.

Personally, although I have an iPad, I would never get an iPhone. I consider the Samsung Galaxy S2 to be a far superior item and hope to get one in the not too distant future. Meanwhile, I am more than happy with my Blackberry!

I will join in on your forums one of these days....I simply haven't had the time so far.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

ams4127 - Have an ipad and Samsung Galaxy S. The S is a good phone but the S2 is better and I think that it beats my son's iphone.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'