We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Recording Freeview programmes question.

gazmix

Likes # 0

Hi

I'm currently on a budget as i've moved into a new flat & am using a Goodmans mini tv with a built in vcr.

I have Freeview box inline & working.

Is it possible to record to onto vhs tape from Digital Freeview using VideoPlus. The numbers alongside the tv programme in tv listings magazine?.

Thanks

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

Your TV / VCR is analogue. Your Freeview box is to receive Digital signals but I assume you attach this to the TV with a SCART lead which is an analogue signal! Does your TV Combo have the ability to record from an external source? If it does it may be called something like AV1. You should set your recorder to the external AV input. As far as I know Video Plus is only used on analogue systems and isn't available on Digital. In any case if you are recording from the external Freeview box you would need to make sure that was on the channel you wanted to record and you would have to set the VHS manually for both the source and the time. You might be able to make it work depending upon the features of the TV Combo but without Video+.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers