We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which camera to go for?

Sparkly
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all i was looking for some advice on some cameras i am looking at, i am not a david bailey by any strech of the mind but i do like taking photos, at the moment i have been using a Fuji finepix 6mp but as i have grown with it i find it annoying that when i go for a shot i.e of my grandson playing or in a pose that would make a good photo there is a delay from pushing the button to the camera actually takeing the shot, so i would like your advice on these two i am looking at.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/nikon-d3100-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm-zoom-lens-07685659-pdt.html

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-nx11-compact-system-camera-with-18-55-i-function-lens-kit-black-10822642-pdt.html

I would like the camera to take the shot at the moment i push the button and capture the moment i wanted and allso to take the photograpy a little further. Thanks in advance.

Like this post
alB

Likes # 0

Both cameras have similar shutter lag times but personally I would go for the Nikon, Heres a good comparison of both, snapsort

...alB

Like this post  
Sparkly

Likes # 0

Hi alB thanks for the link the Nikon seems to come out the stronger contender certinly worth considerind, allso with a bigger saveing. Thanks for your input. Sparkly

Like this post
tomboard

Likes # 0

Hi this is tom and I am thinking of investing in a new camera to take pictures of wildlife, and nature. I would also like to take pictures of people, friends, faces and I want the pictures to be really HD and good quality. Preferably I want the camera to be able to record and I like the SLR camera's but I would also like the interactive system you get with normal digital ones.

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

For instant picture taking you need a SLR. Nikon D3100 D5100 or D7000 recomended. I would also recomend a Sigma 18 to 200 VR zoom lens instead of the 18 to 55 lens you get with a kit camera, and just buy the body which saves you some money to buy the Sigma.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks