We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD Recorder, Sky box and TV interconnects - Block Diagram?

m.robertson

Likes # 0

I've tried various combinations concerning the above, but still can't input material to the DVD recorder from that already (previously)recorded on the Sky box hard disc from TV. My equipment is fairly new and is RGB, HDMI, DVI,(TVx2 SCARTS), (SKYx1 SCART), (DVD RCDR.x2 SCARTS)capable. A block diagram would be of immense help. Failing that, a known, workable hook-up list would be great. My DVD and TV handbooks are useless.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Make and models of TV,DVD recoder and model of sky box?

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

My setup is asas follows: Aerials into sky-box. From sky-box one to TV, one (HDMI) to external DVD recorder and then from external DVD recorder to TV via SCART. I also have a second connection going via SCART from the sky box to a second DVD recorder and back. So that I can copy to 2 HDD recorders at the same time.

The important link is into your sky-box then to the DVD recorder and then back to the TV

Like this post
m.robertson

Likes # 0

My thanks, HondaMan for most useful data concerning your own interconnects. All good stuff. ICF, also thanks for your quick response. To answer your question, the equipment details are as follows:

DVD Recorder with HDD: LG RHT497H.
Sky+HD box: Amstrad DRX 890.
TV: Samsung LE37C650L 1K.

Hope this helps.

m.robertson

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

My DVD recorder has a single button which when pressed records whats on screen. If you have this facility then play on your sky box. and press that butoon.

Like this post
m.robertson

Likes # 0

Thanks to the three of you for posting. I think we've now managed to copy from the Sky box to the DVD recorder satifactorily. However, there's just one final puzzle; this copying is, as Kevscar infers, in 'real time'. This seems to be a long process. We're wondering if it's possible to high speed the copying i.e., whether the speeds on both machines can be programmed to operate in sync at higher speeds and thereby get the copying over and done with much quicker...........

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...