We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Playing my IPOD through ceiling speakers

ken_poole@sky.com

Likes # 0

I need some help. I'm having my kitchen refitted at the moment and have, at the last minute thought about getting ceiling speakers to play the IPOD through. I've been advised that I need to find a IPOD docking station with amplifier and be able to attach external speakers to it. I've been looking at the micro stereo systems and they are a bit bulkier than I wanted. I just wanted something petite and modern on the top to dock the IPOD on. Any thoughts or suggestions?? R

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I would have thought that you need an amplifier that has a phono input, so you would not need a dedicated iPod one - you cold use the headphone out phono of your i Pod with a male phono plug at each end of a cable. May not be as aesthetically pleasing as a dedicated i Pod one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...