We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Android contacts

mehim
Resolved

Likes # 0

Any way to have the contacts read surname first? or is there an ap for it. Using Xperia Arc. Ta

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Open Contacts - then under more - display options - select sort surname first and display contacts by surname first (you have to expand the arrows to the right of each).

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

Sorry Woolwell,

none of that pops up.

Contacts gives me a list of contacts, with 4 soft buttons, Phone,call log, contacts(highlighted) and favourites, the hard key gives accounts & synch and Status updates.

From googling others have asked this with no answer and I am hoping the wealth of knowledge on here may assist.

The only option has been to download a new contact app., unless you can advise further?

Thanks Bugle

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

That works fine on my Gingerbread Samsung Galaxy S. I would have thought that you would have something similar. Is there anyway you can access 'more' which gives you display options?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which version of Android do you have? It should be available from 2.1 on.

Try this Display name

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

Android 2.3.3. Even trying your link does not work. Must be a SonyEricsonn special!

There is no 'more' alas.

Thanks again Bugle

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Seems to be have been omitted by Sony Ericsonn.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Q3 2014 financial results: Apple announces record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer