We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Freesat Sky+ Box on standby

geoff47

Likes # 0

Hope it is not an old chestnut question, I have searched for solutions but they were appertaining to Sky plus subscribers, I have opted to go for Freesat and there has been no problems until yesterday when the box just will not turn on from standby. I have switched off mains, held standby and the two sideways arrows on the box while reconnecting the electric supply.

Nothing worked.

Any useful suggestions ? Many thanks in advance

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

My Freesat box has done this a couple of times over the last year. With mine, I disconnect from the mains and leave for about 30 minutes (to allow all capacitors to drain fully) and reconnect. This seems to work for me.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

Thats OK thanks for the reply. I have tried everything,nothing has worked, so a dug an old digibox out of the back of the garage and that one works.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...