We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Limited Services?

leungn2

Likes # 0

Hello,

I've just arrived in France and I've arranged with Orange a phone package to use abroad but ever since I've arrived in France, my phone just says 'limited services' or 'service unavailable'. Is this a common thing? I need to get this sorted ASAP as I need to use my phone whilst I'm away!! Please help!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You have not provided enough information eg which phone. Have you set up roaming? Is it data or phone calls?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You have not provided enough information eg which phone. Have you set up roaming? Is it data or phone calls?

Like this post
leungn2

Likes # 0

It's not data. I'm not sure if it's a roaming the lady I spoke with didn't mention it. My phone is a toco light samsung phone. Not sure about model number.

The deal was that I paid £10 more ontop of my contract which allows me to use my phone abroad. She also mentioned that I would have 1000 free minutes but I didn't want any other services like internet etc.

I asked her to do this because I asked if I could freeze my contract for a year because I'm abroad but she said no and offered me this instead.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It seems that she may have offered you a deal to get data abroad. I contact Orange to permit roaming for calls and it doesn't cost apart from the often quite dear calls themselves. Have you read this Orange help

Like this post
leungn2

Likes # 0

Then I don't know...it doesn't seem like I'm being chraged more now though. If I am is there any way I can cancel it? because obviously I can't use my phone.

Normally, my bill would be around £20 so I was expecting it to be around £30 with the £10 on top.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try: Tap Menu. Tap Settings. Tap Network settings. Tap Select network. Tap Automatic or if that doesn't work go to manual and search for a network.

I haven't got a Tocco Lite but I suspect that Orange haven't set up roaming for you and that you will have to ring Orange in UK.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia