We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem sync'ing HTC G2 Touch with Facebook

DANZIG

Likes # 0

I recently did a factory setting reset on my phone, as shown in the title. For some reason my stored phone numbers went AWOL - but, I thought, no matter - the majority of them are on Facebook anyway, it'll just sync up with it and all will be well.

No. This has not happened. For some reason, the phonebook on the phone isn't sync'ing with my facebook account. The photo's bit is, IE when I select the photo's part of the phone, it can access my Facebook chums' photo's.

I've tried various things over the past few days. All to no avail.

Can anyone help??

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you fixed this? If not have you opened applications, settings, accounts and sync found Facebook pressed it and checked whether sync contacts is ticked?

Like this post
DANZIG

Likes # 0

I've tried everything. The solution you mentioned was one of the first I tried.

Interestingly enough - there are two 'facebooks' in the Accounts and Sync area of the settings section (Facebook for HTC Sense, and just Facebook). From what I can see, the HTC Sense one is synced, whereas the other one isn't.

When I press the other one, absolutely nothing happens (thats in the bit where it says 'add account')

I'm at a loss. I've uninstalled various things - re-installed them. Nothing appears to work!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more