We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Panasonic DMR=Ex77Eb

carfax299
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi

I have a Panasonic DMR-EX77EB linked via a HDMI to a Sony Bravura TV. Recently I am experiencing sound breakdown on playback. This occurs when playback is from the HDD or a DVD-RAM. When I play the DVD-RAM in my laptop the sound is still fragmented. Is there a solution, or is this a fault with the recorder?

Thank you in anticipation

carfax299

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Sounds more lioke a problem with the TV as you say sound is fragmented from two independant sources

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Digital Home

From Speakers Corner.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

If the recording on the hard drive is giving sound breakdown it is either a reception problem or a tuner problem. Putting that recording onto a DVD will only give the same result as the act of burning the DVD cannot improve the signal. Has this just recently happened? Are you in an area that is going through the change to digital? Try an aerial booster to improve your signal and check alignment of your aerial.

Like this post
carfax299

Likes # 0

Hi guys

Hondaman

Thank you for replying. I don't think this is an aerial problem, because sound is OK when reception is through the TV tuner. Fragmented sound occurs when reception is through the Panasonic DMR. The aerial plugs into the DMR only. This is a recent problem.

carfax299

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

There are often differences in the sensitivity of tuners so it may be that the Panasonic needs a stronger signal than the TV. If that is not the case then it seems as if the tuner on the Panasonic has developed a fault. Does it affect all channels that you record, or just specific channels? Try a re-tune on all channels to see if that has any effect.

Like this post
carfax299

Likes # 0

canarieslover

All channels are affected when receiving channels on the Panasonic tuner.

I only noticed this today,I thought it only happened when playing back recorded programs. The signal comes from a community aerial in a block of flats. I think it could be the tuner, is a repair going to be very expensive?

Thank you for your help

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Before you take it for a repair estimate I would unplug all connections and make certain that they are clean before plugging back in. Corrosion and dirt build up on terminals can cause poor signals. Then do a complete re-tune on the Panasonic. If that does not cure it then you will be looking for a repairer but I have no idea what they would charge. Currently Richer Sounds have new ones available for £210 so bear that in mind when you get a quote for repair. It might be worth getting a new one if the cost of repair is too great. Panasonic at R.S.

Like this post  
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have a similar Panasonic DVD recorder. Suddenly I could only get analogue channels. My local repair man found some loose soldering or something on the input or output to the Digital tuner. Needed a part from Panasonic. Cost about £80 I think. Works well now.

Like this post
carfax299

Likes # 0

Thank you all for your help. I am going to clean the contacts for a start.

Like this post
carfax299

Likes # 0

Thanks again everyone, I have cleaned the contacts and re-tuned, no joy I am afraid. Pondering my next move.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite