We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wanted: Android word pro that supports Open Office format

AllThumbs
Resolved

Likes # 0

Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

I use Open Office on my pc because it's great and free. I want to be able to write securely on my asus transformer (running android) and then transfer it to my pc and continue with the doc - and vice versa.

I distrust google docs because in the past they've proven less than secure and because it seems silly to me to transfer a document to the net and then the pc rather than just onto a hardcopy sd card and then direct to the pc.

So ideally I'd like a wp that supports OO odt format, or else a format they can both share. Surely someone out there is already doing this.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Documents to Go Click here

You will need to save as a .doc file in OO

Like this post  
AllThumbs

Likes # 0

Thanks for the reply (sorry it took so long to come back)

Grabbed Docs to go. Will see how it runs - hard to compete with OO.

Ta for the suggestion

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September