We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adjustin tone on TV with 2.1 speakers?

Ex plorer

Likes # 0

My new TV a TX-L42E30B with a 2.1 system falls silent when switched to Menu and altering the tone etc.

That makes it difficult to know as to what you are doing improving or making sound worse until I switch back to a TV Chanel. Its connected to Audio out at the back of the TV and a bluray Player AUX.

This also happens with my sons TV a Samsung on a 5.1 system. Are we missing something or is that how it works when adding speakers.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Could well be, on my LG viewing the menu gives a blank screen (removing the picture).

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

wiz-king same here it would be handy if there was a way round it. Sound whilst fiddling with all the sound controls.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I'm not too sure what you mean. Is your sound setup connected to the TV and Bluray player at the same time?

I have mine set like that, but it's switchable. Which means I can have one or the other working. The TV sound stays on when adjusting so I can hear the difference.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

I can here the sound been changed with TV speakers whilst making adjustments to the sound controls.

But now I have the 2.1 speakers attached it cuts the TV speakers off which is what I sort of expected to happen.

The 2.1s work fine.

When I press the menu button on the remote control the 2.1s are cut off.

I can use the on screen audio settings but not hear whats going on.

So how can I fix this problem, and still hear the 2.1s at the same time as making audio adjustments.

The bluray player is connected by the AUX to the TV audio output.

My sons TV has the same problem loads of audio settings on screen but no sound comes through his 5.1s so making an accurate sound adjustment is imposible.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Lets put it another way. Can all you people with surround sound added to your TVs alter the tone using the on screen equalizer etc. listen to the surround sound speakers as adjustments are made, as I cant.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite