We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD wont playback

mollie38

Likes # 0

I had sky installed a few months ago and everything was working fine with my dvd recorder. But today I went to record a film from the planner so after waiting for it to finish I put it on for my granddaughter and there was no sound or picture. I can play dvd's fine they are no problem I have checked the back of the dvd but there is only 1 scart lead connected not sure if thats right or not as the other old box had 2 scarts can anyone help as to why it wont playback. I have a sony tv a sky+ box and a panasonic dmr-es 10eb dvd recorder.

Many thanks

Mollie

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Don't think it's playback that's the problem, more the record. Is this similar to yours link text? If so, check the connections are set up correctly.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

A Sky+ box will record by means of the EPG (electronic programming guide), which I take you to mean as the planner. If you did this, replay would be from the Hard Drive in the Sky+ box. Did you additionally attempt to make a DVD recording of the same programme on your Panasonic DVD recorder? If so, one of the video inputs to the DVD recorder would need to be connected to the SKY+ box, unless the TV has direct TV record and that was used. Only one Scart would be needed if component or composite video inputs/outputs are connected.

Perhaps you can specify all connections between the Sky+ box, the DVD recorder and the TV with signal flow direction. I believe that Scart 1 is an input and Scart 2 is an output.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do