We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connection to the internet outside on my mobile

lilythepink

Likes # 0

I have a samsung gt15510. I cannot connect to the internet, facebook, etc, and gps whilst outside or travelling around. I have tried everything, any suggestions?

Like this post
preston

Likes # 0

Is it an android phone?

Like this post
preston

Likes # 0

When your inside do you use wifi or 3g, and do you get a decent signal, especially from 3g.

Like this post
lilythepink

Likes # 0

i use WIFI when in the house and I do get good reception from 3g. it is an android phone.

Like this post
Menzie

Likes # 0

It is possible that your phone has lost the connection settings for your network.

When in the UK my phone has presets for O2, Orange and the other networks. Earlier in the year I took it to the Caribbean on holiday and it would not connect to the internet when I put a local Sim in. In the end I had to hop on a PC and get the WAP/GPRS settings from the network's website.

This might be the case with your phone, have you tried entering the mobile connection settings manually?

Like this post
lilythepink

Likes # 0

No, I wouldn't know how to do it? thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you are getting good reception from 3G then you should be able to access the internet. Is data network mode activated? Have a look under settings wireless and network. It may be best to talk to your mobile hone provider. I assume that you do have mobile data with them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......