We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Goodmans freesat HD

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just bought and set up this freesat and works a treat. Wished I'd have chucked out the Sky box on freesat sooner.

I'd like to buy a blue-ray or DVD recorder for this set-up as it doesn't have a hard drive. It has two scart sockets an ethernet port, hdmi out. IT has a LNB out port but shows it as having no function and does not act as a loop through. So I'm guessing it will have to be a DVD recorder using a scart cable. I'd be grateful of any comments on this set-up and any recommendations on a recorder.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 1

That is the setup I use. It's a Panasonic DVD recorder which is about 8 years old. I can't tell you the model because the markings have been rubbed off over the years and the instruction book has long gone. I do know that I record to DVD RAM disks and am connected by SCART. I have to admit that I only use it once or twice a month, mostly to record a movie late at night.

It was easy to set up and has only broken down once. I was about to sling it in the skip when I noticed an article about the same problem. Bought a new capacitor for a few pennies and a mate fitted it. 'Leckies do have their uses occasionally!!

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply ams4127 and noted. Seems no other help forthcoming so will resolve the tread. I'll have to work it out myself with your advice in mind.

Thank again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback