We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cd/dvd disc of movie not play on dvd player

BODS

Likes # 0

Hi, after getting movie fron camera and loaded to pc using ms movie maker, video appears ok but after making cd copy, it will not play on stand alone dvd players

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

Don't know which version of Movie Maker you are using but I think that the make cd option is for making a still picture slideshow and optional music, not movie as you mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A couple of options for using Windows Movie Maker to make a dvd video disk of movie film, (as opposed to a dvd data disk), to play on dvd players, according to MS DVD burning in Movie Maker is dependent on Windows DVD Maker, which is only available in Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate

If you don't have these operating systems, the second option after capturing and working on the film in WMM is to save your work under the Make Movie/Finish Movie/Publish, Save to My Computer options and save as a file type DV-AVI, then later open that file in a third party dvd authoring and burning program like Nero or Roxio etc or a free program like DVD Flick which will convert the file to dvd format and burn to a dvd video disk which should play in dvd players.

A few questions what make and model camera, how are you connecting it to the pc, what version of windows and movie maker, or live movie maker are you using?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Did you Finalise the disk when you burnt the copy?

If not finalised will only play on machine you burnt it on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more