We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Phone hacking - how do you protect your phone?

bluefizz

Likes # 0

This is a big subject in the news at the moment - but as a new user of a smartphone, how would I stop it from being hacked?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

It depends on your phone...Iphone? still pretty secure, although I know from my friends at Apple that it's an issue they are getting more concerned about.

Android, Symbian, all major platforms are now being covered in the same way you protect your PC.

Smartphone Security

The link is just one example, and I'm pretty sure we will all be paying in the same way we pay for our PC antivirus and antispyware products. My Iphone is not covered, but I will be taking steps as soon as Apple release products (and they will I'm BETA testing for them @ the moment) Being sensible about what you do with your device is good policy, more thaqn ever.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Sorry, wrong link....Long day:

Smartphone Security

Kaspersky, Symantec et al have products available now.

Like this post
karmgord

Likes # 0

The "hacking" in the news is simply accessing the owners mobile phones voicemail.They could do this because the owner has not changed the voicemail security pin from the network operators default. All you need do if you want to protect your voicemail is to change the default pin for voicemail. Nobody can realistically listen to calls as they are encrypted on transmission.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today