We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Puzzled new ipod user

sheila.weston
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have managed to get online and have downoaded the manual, but I don't really understand it. I have logged in to itunes and there are lots of pop music titles. These are presumably in the online store? How can I get different types of music eg classical or 'songs from the shows' for example. What is syncing?

Thanks for any help.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

In i Tunes you creare a library by either ripping your CD's to it or buying via the i Tunes store.(I only ues i tunes vouchers for this and when you redeem them the store "knows" how much credit you have left.) When you sttach the i Pod, Synching is where you allow the i Pod to acquire the whole or some of the library, As I have a number of i Pod users on my PC (Self, grand children) and we all have different tastes, I prefer to set preferences NOT to automatically synch. First, with a voucher, in iTunes, ensure you have created an account - usually your e Mail and a password, with address etc. Follow the prompts. Then in "Store" you should be able to browse by title, artist or genre.Later you can create playlists. Do ask specific things as this is a big subject!

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

An itunes account is a requirement, and a few here have expressed concerns about providing Apple with debit card and address details.

Remember that this account is password protected, and each and every purchase must be backed up by this passwors (set on creation of the account)

I have been using one for well over 3 years without any problem at all. You only pay for what you purchase.

As an aside perhaps the FE could advise where ipod / pad / related threads should go? I'm a little confused as to where myself!

Like this post  
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Many thanks, both. There is quite a lot to learn! I have just got the Dummies book on the ipod touch from the library. It looks excellent, so I'll study that for a week or two!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks