We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to remotely connect IPad to home printer?

neleson

Likes # 0

Hi, I am unable to connect my IPad to home printer. Any suggestion?

Printing Machines

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

If you have an HP, some models will work but it's limited. However, you can make any printer work by using a couple of apps.

First one you need is PrintNshare from the app store this must be running on your iPad to work. If your printer is wireless, the setup is fairly easy and should sort you out.

Other apps include WePrint which works when the PC is on if you have no wireless on your printer.

Email me if you need more info!

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

What is the link for?

Crosstrainer there is no PM facility on the new forum.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

bremner Oops sorry, but I'm sure that printnshare will solve the problem. it's about £1.79 from the app store.

Which link are you refering to?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Ah, you mean the link in the Hard Drive recorder thread? It's for the Toshiba I just bought, you mentioned that your son might want one and asked for a link....Sorry but I'm still trying to get to grips with the new web page linking system, and at the moment it's winning :))

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

No the link in the OP 's initial posting titled "Printing Machines"

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

It's words that pop up when you are adding tags, still can't get the hang of them scrolling along in blue across the screen. I now see that they automatically link to ads. I didn't put them there, they just come up as suggestions when you are typing.

This new site is very different, but I guess ads are a feature of life these days.. Without them, we would have no PCA site.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Crosstrainer

At the end of the original post and above the tags is this link Printing Machines

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers