We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Iphone 4 And Apple TV

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

I was re-arranging a few things on my iphone this morning, prior to hospital visit tommorow. I have had the phone and an Ipad for quite a while, but only recently aquired the Apple TV. Now this is where it gets a bit strange:

I selected a particular song on my iphone, and was presented with the choice of either playing it on the phone (default) or the Apple TV. Being a teccie sort of chap I selected the Apple TV (which at the time was off, as was the TV and the 7.1 surround sound system to which it's attached.

Without doing anything, the Apple TV unit woke up, and the track was played to it. So my iphone is actually able to stream to the TV unit and bring it out of sleep.

Tried it with my ipad2, but no such option. I'd better downnload the manul for the TV unit....Seems it does have a purpose!

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

To the right of the posting under "likes". It is currently grey and will go green when you click on it.

Like this post  
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Nope, it's not there. Honest:))

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

I wonder if I created this before I changed my username to crosstrainer2? All I can think of.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Got it thanks!,

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made