We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Apple - two app recommendations please.

MrNewName

Likes # 0

I've been given an iPhone 4 and am pretty impressed with it!

Now I just need two more apps to complete my transition from my E71.

First of all, I need one that will display my upcoming appointments on the homescreen.

The second is an email client that will tell me when I have new mail in my gmail account.

I've looked in the app store but there are thousands so I'd prefer a personal recommendation.

Thanks,

Kevin

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

You can add a gmail account to the built in Mail program.

The iCal can also be set to put alerts onto the desktop.

Like this post
MrNewName

Likes # 0

Thanks bremmer.

I have gmail added but I don't get notifications of new mail - is there something I should tick? A guide to setting it up correctly would be helpful.

I'll take a look at iCal and see what I find.

Cheers.

Like this post
jaritch

Likes # 0

Hi Iphone is now able to receive gmail instantly with notifications beside the e-mail icon. When ios 5 comes out in the autumn notifications will be more advanced and will cover things like calender etc. even on the lock screen. To set up your gmail properly follow this http://www.video-to-ipads.com/tips/how-to-setup-push-gmail-on-ipad-iphone.html

Like this post
MrNewName

Likes # 0

Thanks jaritch; I'll take a look in the morning.

Cheers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'