We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Freeview scart receivers

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

We're about to get the digital change-over (next week) and the only TV affected will be the 17inch wall-mounted one in the kitchen. I don't want (correction, my wife doesn't want) a digibox cluttering things up on the work surface, and I'm quite interested in the small Freeview receivers that just plug into the scart plug, and would therefore be hidden behind the TV.

There appears to be quite a selection available. I've read lots of reviews - and, as always, some folk love them and some think they're useless - leaving me a bit confused!

Do any of you good folks have experience of using one or other of them?

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I had a cheap one from Tesco in my last house and it worked perfectly. Mind you, it was before the complete digital changeover had taken place and I was using it with three boosters in the circuit.

When I moved into my present house I changed to Freesat and gave the Freeview box away.

Certainly, for a small TV in the kitchen, I would go with the cheapest box you can find. After all I suspect your good lady would not be interested in HD, Surround sound or even 3D whilst frying the odd breakfast egg or two!!

Like this post  
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks ams4127 - you've summed it up very well! I'll have a look at what's available, with your advice in mind!

Appreciate your help!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added