We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No BBC HD on Freesat

hssutton
Resolved

Likes # 0

I understand that the BBC "Upgraded"? their HD content on Freesat via changes to the satellite transponder that carries BBC One HD and BBC HD. The signal on this transponder was broadcast using a modulation scheme called “DVB-S”. On 6th June 2011, they will be upgrading to a newer “DVB-S2? scheme which is a more efficient way of operating the transponder and it creates more capacity from the same amount of spectrum.

I have retuned both my Humax and Panosonic Freesat boxes, but I'm still unable to recieve BBC HD.

Anyone have any ideas to resolve my problem?

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

removed power from the humax HD box overnight, retuned this morning BBC HD now ok, but still no HD content on BBC on the Panosonic HHD/HD box

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Problem resolved. Just in case others have a similar problem with their Panasonic freesat boxes the following is how it was resolved.

Press the FUNCTION MENU button Go down to the option called OTHERS and press OK Go down to the option called SETUP and press OK Go down to the option called INITALIZE and press OK Select the SHIPPING CONDITIONS option and confirm by highlighting YES and pressing OK

You will then need to follow the on screen instructions and once shipping conditions has completed it will retune the unit which should then restore the channels.

Like this post  
ams4127

Likes # 0

Thanks for that hssutton. Must admit I knew nothing about it. As far as I know my Humax still receives BBC HD as usual. It certainly did last night.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

I did lose BBC HD on my free to air satellite receiver.

I had to do a rescan and then search it out from 100 plus stations found.

Amazing how 100 channels can be condensed to less than half a dozen worth watching!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...