We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wimbledon finals set for BBC 3D

ßeta

Likes # 0

Wimbledon finals to be first 3D broadcasts on BBC

Side by Side Format most probably.

• Tags:
  • 3d
Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Sorry - still wont persuade me to watch.

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

Just bought a new tv,ive avoided getting a 3d tv because there to expensive and im not sure if the present system is the one that will come out on top vhs verus betamax all over again.

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

I have no particular interest in watching 3D. Especially when it means wearing 2 pairs of glasses, (my prescription ones and the 3D glasses). I did see a demonstration of 3D TV in a local store and was not particularly impressed.

I understand research is underway to make a 3D TV you can watch without special glasses. If that is successful I "might" be interested, depending on cost.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

I understand research is underway to make a 3D TV you can watch without special glasses. If that is successful I "might" be interested, depending on cost.

Already available.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

My personal feeling is that 3D may well turn out to be the flop of the century.

In America audience figures for 3D cinema are in freefall while those for normal 2D are rising. It does seem that, apart from Avatar and a few others, studios seem to be releasing any old dross just so they can jump on the 3D bandwagon.

No way will I ever fork out for a 3D TV. I don't even have Blue Ray.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Hummm.. You may be eating your own words here...

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

As I thought, Ladies Singles Final now on in SBS Format.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Very recent view on 3D Click Here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...