We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tablet pc as mobile phone

yeti 1

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a query on the tablet pc's out on the uk online sites, is how many of the brands and models can also be used as mobile phones, obviously with headphones or hands free unless you want to look like you have just come from the 80's with your big blocker brick phone!. I would be grateful if you could please reply to my question, as I have always purchased big screen phones like HTC HD2 and the one I'm using at the minute the HTC Desire HD, which is in my opinion the best phone on the market, and I have gone through a lot of phones. I am asking as I have a health condition (one of many!)and the bigger the screen when my vision becomes blurry the better for me, but I like all the things the HTC has on my phone, so I am hoping that the new HTC Flyer can convert as phone, if not then it has to be the most recommended by both users and experts as this will become my phone as my daughter wants my Desire. I thank you for all of your help, and look forward to hearing from you soon. JO

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Don't know of a tablet that can make calls - the Flyer certainly doesn't.

It has been rumoured that the 7" Asus Memo which they claim will launch here in Q3 may have phone capability. Click here

Like this post
JoeC

Likes # 0

My daughter has the Samsung Galaxy Tab and it can be used as a mobile phone. If you have it at your ear you look a proper plonker so it is best used on speakerphone.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Apologies - I thought the Galaxy Tab needed a hack to make the phone functional but realise that this is clearly not the case.

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

The Dell Streak is also a mobile phone .

Ashley
Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

I kind of like the look of the iPad Mobile. Click Here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...