We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Digital Changeover Advice

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi. I am in between areas for digital TV namely Anglia and Central.

Now the Anglia region has already been updated but parts of the Central area are not being changed over till September[it may be August].

Basically when The central upgrade starts and if I tune into that,Will I then loose my Anglian TV programs or will I receive the extra channels from Central including the ones that I already have.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

natdoor

Sandy Heath transmitter rings a bell I am sure that was the nearest one to me.

We used to get Central and Anglia news at one time I think I must be in the middle of both transmitters.

With a very poor aerial I am getting 33 channels it said but that may be including the radio channels.

To tell the truth I am highly delighted getting any channels at all with the state of my cable and aerial.

When it changes the first channels you get are the BBC ones and at the second change you get the ITV ones.

Being in the center of both Transmitters I am hopping that I may pick up some extra channels.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

After switch over some of the signals MAY be stronger eventually (you will have to wait until the very final DSO switch when all the regions will take up their final configurations). However nothing will then be weaker than at this time.

You may have some problems with receiving two transmitters depending upon your TV/PVR. We were DSO'd a long time ago and I found I had problems with a Humax PVR (my Samsung TV and Topfield PVR weren't effected). Basically the PVR was getting confused about which of the various versions of each channel it should use and if I AUTO scanned the EPG was a real mess. This led to lost/failed recordings and occasionally programmes from BBC Wales recorded rather than my own Region. The solution is simple - use MANUAL tuning and select the transmitter you want. Pity the Humax software is so poor in this respect.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

dms_05.

We have 2 aerial one pointing to the Anglia region and the other pointing to the Central region that way we could always tune into Central or Anglia news plus get a few more programs along with it.

I was just hoping that I would be able to still pick up both signals when Central goes Digital.

Actually I may try downloading them manually this afternoon just to see if I can pick up any extra channels. But as the cable and aerial are pretty knackered I am not expecting any change.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made