We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

camcorder to pc problem

tony60

Likes # 0

my new pc does not have a firewire port.(packardbell imedia d3524 uk), i would like to copy some mini tapes from my canon digital vidio camcorder(mv700i)on to it , i have a firewire cable with i think 6pin at the pc end and 4pin at the camera end ,is there any other way of doing it.tony

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Like this post
tony60

Likes # 0

Firewire IEEE 1394 6 Pin, Female to USB Male Adaptor Convertor, have you ever see one of these,will it do the job,tony

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

"1. have you ever see one of these, 2. will it do the job"

1. Yes, In another post on this Forum.

2. and No, It didn't work.

Like this post
tony60

Likes # 0

yes,the one on amazon.i am suprised they are still selling it if it does not work

Like this post
wholesale handbags

Likes # 0

This beautifully designed white designer handbags was conceived and crafted in Italy. Very charming and stylish for any occasion. There are a limited number of pieces available for this wholesale handbags, so don't lose your chance to own one of the most sought-after cheap designer handbags to your personal collection. wholesale designer handbags new with tags, 93%-cotton, 7%-elastane?Welcome to our discount designer handbags store. Have a good day.cheap handbags for you !

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

wholesale handbags is SPAMMER, hopefully FE will look at his Profile and delete all of his posts

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Before I switched to a camcorder using sdhc cards I used to record from the camcorder onto a DVD using a DVD recorder. Files can then be transferred to PC very easily - drag & drop or copy & paste.

Like this post
tony60

Likes # 0

thank everybody, tony

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...