We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

remote control problem

tigertop2
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a new Optima ES515 digital projector. It is hooked up from its VGA outlet to a laptop and works perfectly for my slide show except I cannot fathom out how to get the remote to run the Microsoft power point slide show. I can run it using my laptop mouse and the remote is functioning properly in every other way--but I just cannot fathom out how to get it to control the slides. The manual does not explain it either

Anyone using the Optima ES515 and if so can you help explain how to operate the remote for a slide show?

Thanks -in anticipation of a solution

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I seem to remember that Computer Shopper magazine tested this projector a few months back and had the same problem.

Unfortunately, they were unable to find an answer and had to accept the fact that it just doesn't work.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Thanks ams4127

Well that is a pity as otherwise it is a great little machine for the money--and everything else on the remote works OK. I am waiting for a reply from Optima but I can see I may wait a long time!

Like this post
jim365

Likes # 0

I have one of these with the same problem, and am just having to live with it. Agree it is overall nice projector for what it costs.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Optima have confirmed this model not have this facility. However I have got around that by purchasing a Kensington Si600 Wireless Presenter

Thanks all , case closed

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK