We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

video size

conrail

Likes # 0

I volunteer for a nationwide organisation that raises money for charity, each area has been given a video camera to shoot social nights, cheque presentaions etc. I have been asked to do it for my area, once completed the videos are uploaded to the organisations website I can upload a maximum of 500Gb at one go, my query is: how long it that time wise? all help and advice appreciated

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

That is a very large file. Are you sure that the figure is correct. I make it about the content of 12 DVDs. Upload time will depend on the quality of your broadband connection. Anything up to 600 hours.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

More like about 10 Blu-Ray Movies.

As for the OP question, that entirely depends on what format the Video is shot in.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks natdoor & ßeta, that should be 500Mb, just emailed the secretary who has all the paperwork and he has emailed the relevant sheets to me, I apologise guys.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

If you have a broadband package that allows 1Mb upload then this is 0.125MB per second.

It would therefore take 500 / 0.125 = 4000 seconds = 67 minutes

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

sorry missed part of your question ßeta, the video will be mp4 but I can convert it using DVD Flick or DVD Fab

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks bremner, I appreciate your help here's me thinking short films, about 10 minutes may be too long

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers