We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TV surround sound or...............

Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi Over 20 years ago I set up two speakers from an old amplifier from the TV somehow, it was a Rotel Amp and I used two speakers that sat at the back of the room along with the TV Sound.

I was able to control the tones and volume on each speaker individually as each tone knob had a back and front tonal volume control for left and right. I think the amp could use two sets of speakers also but not to to sure now.

Its just got me thinking that I could do a similar thing now, an Amp to run a pair of speakers next to the TV say something like Wharfedale Diamond 10.SR Loudspeakers.

I want clarity not mind blowing speakers so if any one has any thoughts on this set-up rather than buy a fixed rig for around £250. Ok no Boom box but do I need one?

Not a lot of money I know but I just want to here whats said, its me ears not what they used to be.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

I have decided to go with a Cambridge audio (1) amplifier but it has no tone controls.

The Cambridge(5)does but its £40 more.

The TV has in and out audio RCA.

As I see it using the RCA audio output ports of the television and connecting the other end of the cable to the audio input ports of the amplifier, and speaker wires to amp terminals i will get sound.

Is it posible to use the sound controls equilizer etc from the TV to adjust tone?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data