We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

verbatim blank media

rubygxx

Likes # 0

Hi, i have just purchased 50 blank verbatim dvd-r, my problem is when i try to burn anything , my burner makes noises like its trying to but it just keeps revving, tried 3 discs, gave up and used one of my Sony discs, 2 mins later it was burned. I have used ones from poundland(3 for a pound) and never have any issues with them, i have checked the media code with imageburn on the verbatim ones and it is MCC03RG20, which is supposed to be one of the best blank media, the Sony ones were SONY16D1, again these were in the good list and i have never had any that did not work or give good results in playback, i do not understand why my burner wont burn the verbatim, i have it set at 6x to burn, all other blank media work fine ,anyone have any idea what, if anything , i can do to get them to burn or just chuck them, thanks for any suggestions

Like this post
Scillonia

Likes # 0

I have experienced similar issues with bulk bought disks but normally only affecting one or two disks. Have you contacted Verbatim, it could be a dodgy batch or compatibility issue.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Have you tried burning another brand disc after you have had trouble with the verbatum discs?

Like this post
rubygxx

Likes # 0

Hi and thanks for the replies, I had Sony blank discs that i use with no problem whatsoever, after trying 3 of the verbatim ones , i used a Sony one and it worked fine I took the verbatim back to the shop and got a refund, the last time i got verbatim blank dvd's from WH Smith it was the same thing, they were on sale , but i did not keep my receipt and when they did not work i gave them to a friend from work to try in his computer, they did not work for him either, i dont understand why as they were good media code, but i think i will stick to the Sony ones , thanks for the help.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Been using Tescos own brand for ages now with no problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......