We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sky freesat region problem

mjdennison

Likes # 0

Hi I have a SKY+ Box without a sky card in. I live in the BBC West Midlands region but on 101 without a card in the box I get BBC London region. the west midland BBC 1 channel in on 959 I think, can this be changed any way?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Sky set the region via the card, the box has a BBC default of London as you have found.

I am not aware of a way to reprogram the box.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Just found that you can get a freesatfromskycard click here

Like this post
mjdennison

Likes # 0

Cheers, thanks for your help
Mike

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

If you look at the EPG you will find all BBC regional broadcasts are allocated in the 960-980 range. For example BBC Yorkshire (Leeds) is 976. You can select any of the regional variations and watch them anywhere. ITV is a little more difficult, you would need to add the ITV region of your choice using ADD CHANNELS. Look at this list click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days