We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help needed re. my Sim and a new Phone

AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Evening Everyone,

Please can you help. I use a Motorola V235 (3 years old)on PAYG. I've decided I'd like to switch to a monthly tariff and get a Samsung Galaxy S mobile phone. I want to use my Sim from the Motorola and keep my number. Question is: Will the Motorola Sim fit the Samsung Galaxy S please?

Many thanks

AngeTheHippy
x

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Should do, as the Samsung takes a Normal SIM Card not a Micro SIM like the iPhone 4.

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Many thanks ßeta, 8-)

Ange
x

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I would have thought that the sim would still show as PAYG so you would not get the benefits of the monthly tariff that you would be paying.

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

YES! I think you're right there canarieslover, I think I need to get the number transferred (by TMobile in this case)onto monthly payment. Whatever happens, I do NOT want to lose my number.

A
x

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

They should port your number without any trouble. I've had the same mobile number for about 20 years.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added