We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

3G mobile broadband

Aurelia

Likes # 0

I've been having real problems with 3G mobile broadband. Great service in the middle of the night but speeds in the middle of London, at peak times regularly registering under 100kbps. Top speeds not as high as advertised, topping at 2,700 kbps at best really (High speed broadband at that). Anyone else having the same issues?

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Which Service Provider.??

Like this post
Aurelia

Likes # 0

Sorry 3 mobile broadband.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Yep. The misses has just got an iPhone 4 on Three.co.uk's "All You Can Eat" Data Plan.

We live in a little village in North Oxfordhire top speed 300k here. (Expected due to location)

However she works in Reading and top speed there is (you guessed it) 300k.

We will son be on the phone to Three's Customer Services as not what expected.

Like this post
Aurelia

Likes # 0

They used to be really fast and in fact when I started work this morning, I had a speed of 3,500 which is great. I think demand has oustripped supply and their network capacity's maxed out. I'm trying to sort it out with them at the moment and will let you know how I go with the service over the next couple of weeks.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Whooo!!

The misses is getting about 2500k here at home.

Like this post
Aurelia

Likes # 0

Dropped to an amazingly bad 86kbps last night though. Record low!

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

I've always had hit and miss results from 3 mobile broadband anything from 10kbps to 2.8mbps.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Seems to be improving at home..

Speed Test

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK