We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Convert AVI to DVD

Simon30

Likes # 0

I have a number of HD videos on my hard drive that I want to put on DVD as a movie. Checking on "MediaInfo", the original format is AVI, with the video stream in AVC and the audi stream in 128kbps 48.0 KHz 2 channels AAC (LC). I have tried numerous converters (dvdsanta, xilisoft HD, WinX HD, Free DVD Creator v2, Nero Vision Essentials) and either they tell me the audio stream is not supported or they record the video (in a VBO file) but no audio is converted.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The video was taken in HD format on a Toshiba Camileo S20 video camera onto a 16GB SD card.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Have you tried DVD Flick
click here

Download click here

pdf Manual click here

Like this post
Simon30

Likes # 0

Tried DVD Flick this evening. No problem converting the video stream, but STILL no audi stream. It's there on the original WMV/WMA file, but gone as soon as I try converting....

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Found this click here

it says under 'What's in the box?'

"•ArcSoft software DVD/User manual

•Magix Video Deluxe 15 Plus/Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus (Trials)"

ArcSoft ShowBiz DVD 2 (15 Day trial) click here

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 17 & Plus 17 (30 day test versions) 5th and 6th down in this click here

also you could try MAGIX Video easy HD (30 day test version) Same link above, 3rd down.

Or (If you want) is it possible to put a short two minute section of video from the S20 on here click here and send me the link to the Video by PM (Just click on my Yellow Envelope to the left of my Forum Name,

I can then check it (Your Video) with all of my Video Software Collection, It's quite large and upto date.

David.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Thanks for the link to the Video, I have tried it with a few Programs and sent you the results.

I have replied to the PM you sent me.

David.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

If you want to edit the video you can use Windows Movie Maker, also to burn a DVD you can also use Windows DVD Maker. Both are part of Vista not sure if the are on XP.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK