We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

digital tv for pc?

ozzymodo

Likes # 0

Hi all, my first post in this section.
I had an e-mail from my sister asking me if the following was any good "It was from Ashampoo and was for something called Digital TV for PC 2 and by 3B software,"
I know there will be a one off fee to pay for the software but I dont know if it is any good or not and was wondering I anyone on here had got it or know about it? She was hoping to get a few channels like discovery, nat geo etc when she is away in her caravan.
Any info appreciated
Ian

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

click here It's a IPTV Service. Your sister will require some form of Internet Connection whilst in her Caravan.

Like this post
ozzymodo

Likes # 0

thanks beta, I knew it was something that you had to pay for and download but was wondering if you really got all the channels stated, and if they were full screen (a friend of mine had a similar thing on his pc but the pic was only about a third of his screen big and he could not enlarge it so it was pointless trying to watch the shows)

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Here's some advice. click here

Personally. If you want true TV over IP set yourself up a SlingBox at home and log into it.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

If you only want UK Freeview TV try the link below it is free. http://tvcatchup.com/ You need an internet connection and it will only work in the UK. My D/L speed is only 1.7Gb/sec and rarely experience buffering and the picture although not HD is pretty good.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks