We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Any reported problems with the node that

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

carries Fiver[now 5*] or 5USA - Quest?
These three are suddenly -unobtainable- where earlier in the week all was OK- then got blocky and now these last couple of days - Nozzing.
This is from Crystal Palace
A reutn- and the EPG did not show them at all indeed the whole list seems to have shrunk by about 20 channels

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I asume you are using Freeview, try re-booting your box.
Switch off and then do a full install,as there has been some software updates recently and they may have been moved to a different channel.

Terry

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

The 'Box' is in fact integrated TV and another with the PVR
Whereby the previous response to 5* and 5USA has been 'Not Event information and then 'Channel not found'- when the channel number is selected.
A retune[both boxes] resulted those channels not being detected at all and now longer appear on the new EPG list
At look at the Freewill news site did not real much except to reiterate that the Freeview signal is low power pro tem until next year.
Has the Ariel moved? - may be, its in the loft will take a look see some time.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

No problems here and I am on Crystal Palace transmitter the same as you.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Ever had one of those days when tasks one has set to do - fail because.....
Cant find the tools- or bits put away for a job - no longer reveal themselves- thats me to day
So I said to my self - stuff the lot- I'll have the rest of the day off-
But before I do lets go in the loft and see if I can muck up TV reception completely- then I can get on and read a book -listen to the radio or something else old fashioned.
So into the loft and there was the aerial- hanging drunkenly not only drooping on its mount but half way between horiz., and vert., polarity.
Gave it a twist and shove- check the co-axe-
Weny down stairs and retuned-
There we are back to 106 channels and all the long lost ones as well as the most recent outages back.
That has bucked me up no end.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...