We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

40D will not conect to Laptop for down loading

Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi last post on this was on 23/01/11 and closed the thread.(Why won’t my D40 talk to my laptop?)
click here
/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=393313&forumid=21

I have been at this problem ever since and now at my wits end.

I want to use the camera not a card reader, reason I like Canons editing soft ware.

To give more details on what I see when I start EOS utility the only highlighted choice is
Monitor Folder the rest are grayed out.

Going to preference the the Start up Automatic is grayed out.

start up action is Execute.

I have hammered Google on this but still no success.

I have used a card reader and it opens up in elements 6 but I cant find a way of dealing with RAW photos in other words I cant get RAW photos in the editing program to convert jpeg.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

click here

This is the link to my old thread.

Like this post
NewestRoyWidd1

Likes # 0

Have you tried asking the questions in here?click here forums are usually better.

Like this post
NewestRoyWidd1

Likes # 0

That should have read"dedicated camera forums are usually better for the answers you need."

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

It's far better to use a card reader less wear and tear on the cameras USB port.

You need to start DPP to open your raw files.

Start DPP and click the folder tab, from here you can select your card reader and download your raw files direct to DPP where you process your raw files.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

It's far better to use a card reader less wear and tear on the cameras USB port.

You need to start DPP to open your raw files.

Start DPP and click the folder tab, from here you can select your card reader and download your raw files direct to DPP where you process your raw files.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......